Now more than ever, we are committed to the health and well-being of everyone involved with Youth Options.
At an understandably worrying and uncertain time, we would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that we are doing all we can to mitigate risk and reduce the spread of COVID-19. Following advice from UK Government and Public Health England we will continue to adhere to policies and procedures to support our participants, staff, volunteers, supporters and partners.
Most importantly we remain dedicated to supporting young people across the county.
At this time we:
- have stopped all group delivery.
- have stopped face-to-face delivery.
- have temporarily stopped detached youth work.
- have closed The Hub & MP3.
- are running office-based projects remotely.
- are running holiday and after school clubsfor children of key workers only in line with government advice at The Scott Centre in Andover and at our outdoor learning sites in Eastleigh.
- are remotely supporting young people via phone calls, WhatsApp, online and other appropriate methods of engagement.
- are creating digital resources.
- are promoting the importance of mental and physical well-being at this time.
Following advice from the UK Government and Public Heath England we will continue to ensure policies and procedures are in place to support everyone involved with Youth Options.
- Educating our staff on the virus and proper prevention methods
- Emphasising the importance of proper hand washing
- Cleaning high contact points at our settings
- Running programmes inline with government advice on social distancing
- Keeping in contact with partner organisations to ensure we have the full picture within the communities in which we work
- Adapting our services to fit in with changing needs.
- Working from home where possible.
How you can Help
Youth Options prides itself on offering a helping hand to those most in need. The issues encountered by those using our services have not disappeared. Instead, at this troubling time they are now faced with another set of worries. We need to keep offering support to those in need, but we cannot do that alone.
Any support you can give at this time would be a lifeline to those in need. If you are able to help, please donate here.
Support the Small Charities Coalition Campaign
Many charities are facing an unprecedented situation. Charities are needed now more than ever, however without urgent help, many of these charities and voluntary organisations are facing imminent collapse.