Supporting Care Leavers in Hampshire
Our Step Forward programme supports young people leaving Local Authority foster or residential care or who have left care in an unplanned way, and who need extra support to achieve their potential and move forward in their life. The project’s primary function is to support young people from care into independent living, strengthen their support network, develop and improve their independent living skills, engage them with education and employment, and help them to create positive relationships within their communities.
Support During the Pandemic
During the Coronavirus pandemic we realised that help was needed more than ever. That is why we adapted and expanded our project to help more care leavers with the help they desperately needed.
- Supporting young people with 1:1 support and advice remotely.
- Delivering care packages of essential supplies to those most in need.
- Supplying educational games to young people with young families to support them with home-schooling.
- Creating action plans to stay active during the pandemic.
- Training young people to be Youth Options volunteers over the phone and email.
- Supporting young people with CVs, job searches and applications.
- Liaising with other professionals to make sure care leavers are being supported.
Most importantly we want care leavers to know they are not alone.
If you are a care leaver and you are feeling lonely, stressed or anxious; if you need support with finances or education and training, or even if you just want someone to talk to then please contact us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 01794 525510
- Twitter, Facebook or Instagram: @youthoptions
Kylie tells us about the support she received on our Step Forward programme.