We offer one to one support for young people aged 16-18 who are not in employment, education or training.
Working closely with young people and partner agencies, we provide free signposting and support to overcome the barriers young people can face when trying to access college, apprenticeships or employment. We are here to support them, no matter their educational history or abilities.
Our team contacts young people using a wide variety of methods including home visits and visits in spaces that the young person feels most comfortable. Over the course of 10 weeks we support young people to develop their skills and work towards creating and implementing a bespoke plan to achieve individual goals.
How do we Help?
Our support can include:
- Confidence building courses (especially if the young person does not feel ready for a more structured learning environment).
- Access to the Youth Options job opportunities blog
- CV development
- Applying for college.
- Improving qualifications such as English and Maths.
- Apprenticeships or training opportunities.
- Employability skills such as learning how to fill out application forms and interview techniques to improve chances of successfully applying for jobs.
- Taking part in activities to improve skills or working towards an accreditation.
- Signposting to useful services.
If you don't know what your next steps are or don't know where to start first, don't panic! Our Youth Support Workers will work with you to determine your goals, improve social and emotional skills, seek out opportunities, and help you reach your potential.
If you live in Southampton and would be interested in talking to the team about our NEET project then call or text us on 07917343846 or email us at NEET@youthoptions.co.uk.
For any enquiries from people looking for support outside of Southampton, please contact email@example.com.
Bertie Makes a Plan
Find out how our Key Support Worker utilised WhatsApp to help Bertie plan for his future.