Working in partnership with Southampton Hub, Plus Provision provides bespoke activity sessions for children and young people accessing Southampton Hub school based programmes. This includes:
- lunchtime and afterschool clubs
- annual residentials
- outdoor learning activity days at our own Outdoor Learning sites
We also provide a supportive role in training student volunteers at Southampton Hub in ACES awareness and behaviour management in young people.
Our aim is to offer young people access to new opportunities, improve their relationships with adults, increase their self-esteem and feel more confident in their abilities. By taking part in a variety of activities including Outdoor Learning, the young people involved will improve their aspirations for the future.
Matt and his Fidget Spinner
Learn how the whole team come together to support Matt, and how outdoor learning helps Matt through a difficult time.
About Southampton Hub
Southampton Hub is a local branch of the national charity, Student Hubs. The team of volunteers and staff work in partnership with the University of Southampton to run volunteer-led projects that target a variety of local community issues.
The volunteer placements build students' skills, develop their network and support them to tackle social issues. Students receive bespoke training and support throughout from a dedicated and experienced staff team.
Each one of the activities we provide aims to add value to Southampton Hubs three core projects:
- Schools Plus: helping young people to achieve their academic potential by matching them with university student tutors.
- Branch Up: supporting local disadvantaged 7-11 year old children by connecting them with student mentors on activity days.
- Empower : 1:1 mentoring scheme which matches university student mentors with school students at risk of academic pressures.