Our 1:1 support programmes are varied in nature and delivery, from single issue, focused intervention to wide ranging support across a number of issues.
Each young person referred to the programme will receive a mix of one to one and small group support in order to identify and address their individual needs. Our Youth Support Workers work in partnership with colleagues, social workers, personal advisors and other professionals to support young people to achieve positive outcomes.
Our teams use a variety of methods to engage with young people to meet their outcomes including:
- Individual support which may include job search, housing, money
- A range of activities to build social skills and support networks
- Support to engage in volunteering or work placements
- Workshops: Money Management, Health, Employability, Family & Relationships, Accommodation, CV Writing
- Access to relevant advice and guidance
Our Next Steps programme was developed to support young people leaving Local Authority foster or residential care or who have left care in an unplanned way, and who need extra support to achieve their potential and move forward in their life. The project’s primary function is to support young people from care into independent living.